Madewell added new arrivals to their website earlier this past week...another round of really nice items, and plenty to love again this time, too.
As I've mentioned many times before, I absolutely love Madewell. The casual-vibe of their clothing works well with my lifestyle, the styling on the website stays more to the understated side, the prices are often more affordable than a lot of the retailers offering similar styles, and I love that they always offer Free Shipping on ALL orders, too. The quality has been good on all the items I have ordered, and the pieces are all holding up very well so far. (I've shared pics of me wearing a couple of the jackets on my Instagram.)
If you haven't ever ordered from Madewell, you should definitely consider giving them a try...I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much you like them, too.
Click here to check out the new arrivals, and be sure to take a peek at my personal picks below. :)
What I'm Loving...
1. Venice Blazer Coat - love the length and the overall silhouette. The way it's styled on the website with the Tie-waist Tunic Shirt is lovely, but this piece would also be the perfect blazer to wear over a dress for some added warmth this fall.
2. Plaid Blanket Poncho - this would be super cute worn over a turtleneck, and paired with skinny jeans and knee boots this fall.
3. Oversized Sweater-Jacket - love, love, love...in all three colors!
4. Striped Fringe-Edge Sweater - so pretty. I really love the colors, and the fringe detail makes it extra feminine.
5. Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Kemp Plaid - yes please!!! Love, love, love!!!
6. Silk Courier Shirt in Foulard Dot - so pretty and feminine. It would also look lovely worn under a cardigan, pullover sweater, blazer, or leather jacket.
7. Flea Market Flares in Rollins Wash - yes please!!!
8. Gallerist Dress - this was available prior to the latest rollout, but still fabulous, and one of my favorites nonetheless. A classic piece, not to mention a wardrobe staple. (It also comes in a striped version, which actually was part of the latest rollout.)
9. 9" High Riser Skinny Skinny Jeans: Garment-Dyed Edition - love both colors...perfect to wear with knee boots, too.
10. The Transport Tote in Softdot - this one was actually available prior to this latest rollout, but is still considered one of the 'newer' arrivals. Irregardless it is one of my favorites, as I simply love the color and the large polka-dots...such a fun way to do a leather tote.
11. 9" High Riser Skinny Skinny Corduroys - I am so ready for fall, and for the chance to wear my cords again. This particular pair would be perfect for wearing with knee boots, not to mention the colors are gorgeous!
12. The Transport Rucksack - brought back again for another year...this may just be the season I go for one. Loving it in 'dark cabernet' especially, but I'm always a sucker for the 'english saddle' colorway, as well.
13. The Billie Boot in Suede - from the Madewell website: "Our wardrobe superhero is back in a more modern lower-on-the-ankle cut (with the same rich suede, walkable stacked heel and wear-with-everything silhouette). Also new? The signature pull-on loop now has a charming hand-stitched detail." I am personally loving the navy suede...wishlisted.
14. The Elin Loafer - such a fun twist on the basic loafer.
15. The Cait Boot - gorgeous, and a very wearable heel height, too. I especially love it in the 'cigar' colorway.
16. Shapeline Bracelet Set - dainty and feminine. Love them stacked, but you could also wear each one on its own.
17. Pivot Pendant Necklace - this was also offered last year, and happened to be such a big hit that they brought it back...I'm especially loving it in 'tiger's eye'.
18. Stargraph Double-Finger Ring - so fun to have the 'two-in-one'.
19. Portland Striped Scarf - this one actually came out last year, and happens to be so fabulous that they brought it back again. You can see my review here, and see it on me here and here.
20. Openweave Scarf in Scottsdale Plaid - this is another one they've brought back. I have it in this color and love it. You can see it on me here.
21. Openweave Scarf in Fulton Plaid - love it so much in the red plaid, that I just may get this one, too...definitely on my wishlist.
That's it for now...what are your thoughts on the new arrivals at Madewell? Do you have your eye on anything in particular? Please do share! :)
Sunday, August 30, 2015
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Last month Madewell sent out an email with a private link for shoppers to get 'first dibs' on their
Fall 2015 Collection. The styling and looks are once again understated and unfussy, with wearable pieces that are ultimately chic and sophisticated in a casual way.
I always think it's interesting to look back on the previews of the items for inspiration once they are available on the website...don't you? Click here to see the collection. I've broken down each outfit, noting the items in each one so you can 'Get the Look'.
*Long Plaid Tunic - not yet available (Similar)
*Plaid Scarf - (Similar)
*Blanket Cape - not yet available (Similar)
What are your thoughts on the looks for the Madewell Fall 2015 Collection? Do you like the styling? Is there any particular look or looks you think you'll be copying this season? Please do share!
**I'll be posting Part Two of this 'Get the Look' series sometime soon, and will try to give updates as the various items become available over the course of the next few months.
Have a lovely day! :)
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Now at Madewell: Extra 30% Off Promo-Priced Items & Sale Styles Plus Free Shipping on All Orders - SPLASH30!!!
Madewell is offering an Extra 30% Off Promo-Priced Items & Sale Styles with code SPLASH30 at checkout until 8.17.15. Shipping is FREE on ALL Orders, too...YAY! Now as I'm sure many of you already know, a good number of the Sale Items tend to be marked as final sale, but thankfully, the Promo-Priced Items also receive the 30% discount and are NOT Final Sale...gotta love that!
For those of you who aren't familiar with Promo-priced items, they are select Regular-price pieces that Madewell marks down to a 'Promotional Price' for a short amount of time. These items are eligible for any extra % off sale or full-price promotions that may occur at any time. The Promo-priced items are also eligible for the Educator and Student Discounts, so if you are a teacher or student you can receive an additional 15% off on them, as well.
As I've mentioned many times before...I absolutely love Madewell. The casual-vibe of their clothing works well with my lifestyle, the styling on the website stays more to the understated side, the prices are often more affordable than a lot of the retailers offering similar styles, and I love that they always offer Free Shipping on ALL orders, too.
The quality has been good on all the items I have ordered, and the pieces are all holding up very well so far. I've shared pics of me wearing a couple of the jackets, shirts, scarves, and a dress on my Instagram. I have to say, that if you haven't ever ordered from Madewell, you should definitely consider giving them a try. :)
There are SO many great items on sale right now, as well as a lot of new additions and markdowns! Click here to shop the eligible styles. I have noted the majority of the Promo-priced items currently available on the Madewell website below:
Are you planning on taking advantage of the SPLASH30 Sale? If so, what item or items are you picking up? Do you own any of the items on sale or promo? Is there any item you have seen or tried on that you would recommend? Please do share! :)
Sunday, August 9, 2015
Hello there...it's been quite a long while since we've chatted, hasn't it? I truly apologize for the extended radio silence, as I had not intended to be quiet for so many months.
You see, as 2014 came to a close, I began to suffer a rather severe case of blogger and social media burnout, and just did not have the inspiration or desire to blog about anything. I really needed a break from the computer in general, and over the past half year or so, I have been limiting my time online, and have not been on social media all that much. Granted, I have still utilized my computer (it didn't grow any cobwebs), as well as done my fair share of online shopping (a necessity in the small time where I live) and such, but honestly not to the extent I was when I had been blogging full time.
To my followers: I want to say a heart felt THANK YOU to all of you who have sent me emails, or left comments on my blog posts, inquiring where I am, and sending your well wishes for me and my family...they truly meant so much to me, and I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to let me know that I was missed.
On the home front, the family and I have been doing well, and really enjoying our life here in Montana. Since moving out here at the beginning of last year, we have settled in nicely to our new community, found a new church home, and have developed wonderful new friendships. We continue to homeschool our three youngest boys, and our eldest son (who just turned 17 earlier this past week) will be attending the local Christian Academy full time this year. Life continues to be full as we further our journey and adventures out here in the Northwest Rocky Mountains.
As for the future of my blogs All Things Simplified and Madewell Simplified...now that I have taken an extended break, and feel as if I am no longer suffering from blogger and social media burnout, I do have plans to start posting again on a regular basis, if all goes well.
To all of you who had followed me before, I truly hope that you will come back to join me in my further shopping, domestic, and life adventures! I hope you'll bring your friends, too...
the more, the merrier! :)