Sunday, October 5, 2014

Madewell Review: Flannel Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Buffalo Check

The Madewell Flannel Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Buffalo Check comes in sizes XXSmall to XLarge, color Hthr Grey, and retails for $79.50. The description on the Madewell website reads:

A timeless style in flannel buffalo check. Slightly oversized with ready-to-roll sleeves, this version is just right.

True to size.
Cotton.
Machine wash.
Import.


You may remember from this post back in early September, that the shirt has been at the top of my wishlist for awhile now. Well, I took advantage of the extra 30% off promo that Madewell offered the week before last to order the shirt, and was not disappointed at all. The fabric is substantial, incredibly soft, warm, and very comfortable to wear.



The fit is slightly oversized, but I still went with the size Small since I have broad shoulders. The larger size fits me better since the shirts at Madewell usually have narrower shoulders, in my experience. Plus I like to allow for any kind of shrinkage that might occur when it's laundered.



The colors of the shirt are heather grey and navy, which both work as great neutrals, making the shirt very versatile. I also love the extra little detail of the second button under the collar...



It has a longer length and shirttail hem...



It can be worn on its own for a crisp fall day, layered under a jacket when temperatures start to drop, and layered over thermals then worn under a sweater and coat once winter arrives.


Outfit details:

*Old Navy Bootcut Jeans in new rinse
*Baggallini Crossbody Bag - Similar
*Mossimo Supply Co. Katherine Engineer Boots in black leather

I personally love the shirt, am very happy with my purchase, and would recommend it to anyone wanting a well-made, comfortable, and versatile flannel shirt.

What are your thoughts on the Madewell Flannel Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Buffalo Check? Have you seen it IRL, or perhaps even tried it on? Do you already own it, or have it on your wishlist? Please do share...I always love to hear from you! :)

***If you have a Madewell review that you would like to share online with myself and other readers, please feel free to email it to me, and I will be more than happy to post it.
Include your thoughts, any pictures you might have, links (if you like), etc. My email is allthingssimplified.me@gmail.com.



P.S. I've shared more pics of what I've been wearing this past week in this post. :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review. I'm all too familiar with sizing up for the broad shoulders and feeling overwhelmed by the rest of the shirt. This one fits you beautifully and will go with so many things. I'm tempted, but I also have an additional problem with Madewell's sleeve length on shirts-which is generally just a bit too short. I tend to have better luck with the fit of J Crew's shirts, plus they offer tall sizes. Too bad because Madewell's shirt offerings have been more interesting to me these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AmW! I agree that Madewell should offer tall sizes, as well as petites. There is definitely a need for them, and it could only help to increase their business and sales. Perhaps that is something they will be looking to offer in the future...fingers crossed! :)

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit. I didn't think much of the shirt when I saw it on-line, but it looks so great on you that now I want one.
    Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you maryeb! I'm really pleased with the shirt, and very happy that I ended up getting it. Hope you're able to give it a try, too! :)

      Delete