Sunday, September 28, 2014

Guest Review by Awakening my Wardrobe: Madewell Cadet Blazer

Today I am pleased to bring you a guest review by the lovely Awakening my Wardrobe. She recently purchased the Madewell Cadet Blazer, and has graciously agreed to share her thoughts about it with us. Thank you AMW! :)

Product Details from the Madewell website:

With its asymmetrical row of buttons and stand-up collar, this is our cool rethink of a military blazer. A goes-with-anything piece in a soft, subtle herringbone weave.

True to size.
Linen/cotton/wool/viscose.
Dry clean.
Import.
Madewell.com only.


Awakening my Wardrobe writes:

"I received the Cadet blazer and now see that it is sold out online but pops back occasionally. Unfortunately it missed the mark on style and fabric so I sadly returned it. I purchased a size 10 and it fit true to size (I’m 5’11” and have broad shoulders but am narrow and straight everywhere else), except the style flared out at the hip area adding bulk rather than sleekness.



I do wish the jacket was bit longer but I don’t think that would have solved the bigger issues. The linen/cotton/wool/viscose mix did not have the weight or structure to hold its shape so it wrinkled. No matter how much I fiddled with the collar and buttons, I couldn’t get it to fall the way it did on the website model. Her blazer looked very “Comme des Garçons” and the angles added visual interest, looking well edited and understated while mine looked o.k but boxy and "meh".



Meanwhile, the Madewell love is still strong and I’ll be breaking out my Duskfall blazer in deep navy and Perfect leather jacket this fall over their Rail straight and High riser jeans. I do hope they consider reworking the Cadet blazer for next spring in a light-weight wool. It had such potential and I’d give it another go if they did."

Thank you again Awakening my Wardrobe for sharing your review with us!

If you have a Madewell review that you would like to share online with myself and other readers, please feel free to email it to me, and I will be more than happy to post it.
Include your thoughts, any pictures you might have, links (if you like), etc. My email is allthingssimplified.me@gmail.com.

Have a lovely day! :)

6 comments:

  1. Just saw that you have a new blog!
    Cant wait to see your Madewell posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina! Glad to know that you'll be following along on this new venture...it's going to be fun!

      Delete
  2. I always loved it when you modeled the clothes as FFM . . looking forward to you doing so on your new blog! Also, have you seen Aritzia? They have some really great clothes, very basic but fashionable and reasonably well made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fidele! I have some Madewell items arriving this week, and will be posting reviews once I get them. :)

      Thank you for letting me know about Aritzia. I'll be sure to check out their website. Have you ordered from them online?

      Delete
  3. I haven't ordered online . . . I bought a pair of pants at their Seattle store. Love them. My friend from Vancouver introduced me to the new temptation. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok thank you! I'm hoping to make it over to Seattle for some shopping one weekend this fall, so I will put it on my list of places to visit. :)

      Delete