Saturday, September 27, 2014

Why Madewell Simplified?

Hello, and welcome to Madewell Simplified. A place for News. Reviews. Sale Shopping. Musings & More at one of my favorite retailers...All Madewell. All the time.

As many of you already know, I am the founder and voice behind the shopping & lifestyle blog, All Things Simplified. Over the past couple of years, I have been working on simplifying my life...the way I shop, the clothes I wear, the home products I use, the way I go about my day-to-day routine, essentially trying to simplify every aspect of my life, as best as I can.

So how does Madewell fit into this, you may ask. Well, as I have been working at simplifying my wardrobe, I have become much more particular about the items I purchase. They must be well-made, affordable, comfortable to wear, and fit my lifestyle. That is where Madewell comes in.

I have been following them since their launch several years ago, and have always liked their clothing. However, over the past couple of years, I have become even more fond of the brand as their designs and quality just seem to keep getting better and better. The casual-vibe of their clothing works well with my lifestyle, the styling on the website stays more to the understated side (which I love), the prices are often more affordable than a lot of the retailers offering similar styles, and I love that they always offer Free Shipping on ALL orders, too. The quality has been good on all the items I have ordered, and the pieces are all holding up very well so far. This is something that is very important to me, as I do have a limited clothing budget and look for items that are going to stand the test of time, not only in quality, but also in terms of style.

I first started blogging about Madewell back in January of 2011, and have continued to do so on a regular basis ever since. As time goes on, it seems that I have even more to share about Madewell, but since I also have a lot of other subjects that I want to blog about, I feel that the Madewell posts would take up too much of my All Things Simplified blog, plus I may have readers there that are not interested in Madewell.

I had been wanting to start a Madewell blog to share news, my finds, sales and promotions, etc., for more than a year now, but with having to sell our house, make the move cross country, find a new home to purchase, etc., I just did not have the extra time to put into maintaining it, so it was placed on the back burner. Anyways, now that we are settled into our home, I feel like it is a good time to finally have it up and running.

Madewell Simplified will be a place to find out the latest news about the brand, as well as events, special promotions, and sales taking place. I plan to post reviews, and I also hope that my readers will contribute their thoughts and reviews, as well. I’ll also share my personal picks, sale shopping information, the promo items & markdowns list…just like I have been doing on All Things Simplified, except now Madewell will have its own dedicated blog for that content, which will also free up my main blog for all the other information I want to share.

I hope that those of you who are interested in Madewell will join me here at Madewell Simplified for Madewell News. Reviews. Sale Shopping. Musings & More. All Madewell. All the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment